MAY MOVIE MARATHON FOR MEMBERS SWEEPSTAKES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: May Movie Marathon for Members Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), sponsored by CGV Cinemas LA, LLC (“Sponsor”), shall begin at 12:00 a.m. (PST) on May 16, 2017 and end at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on May 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Rhode Island) (“Eligibility Area”) who are 18 years or older (19 years or older in AL, DE and NE, 21 years or older in MS) and who comply with these Official Rules in all respects. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the immediate family members of such individuals (spouse, parents, siblings, children, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, and grandchildren) and members of the same households (whether legally related or not) of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. By entering the Sweepstakes, you (an “Entrant”) accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. These Official Rules include limitations of your rights and remedies. The Sweepstakes is void outside the Eligibility Area and wherever prohibited by law or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter this Sweepstakes one of two ways:
(1) In-Person: Make a purchase of a movie ticket at the Box Office of CGV Cinemas LA located at 621 S. Western Ave., Suite 304, Los Angeles, CA 90010, or CGV Cinemas Buena Park located at 6988 Beach Blvd., Suite B301, Buena Park, CA 90621 to receive a Sweepstakes entry ticket, fill out the contract information including your full name, e-mail address, and phone number, and submit it in the collection box located at CGV Cinemas during the Promotion Period.
(2) By Postal Mail: Print your full name, e-mail address, and phone number, on a piece of paper and mail it to CGV Cinemas LA, 621 S. Western Ave., Suite 304, Los Angeles, CA 90010, or CGV Cinemas Buena Park, 6988 Beach Blvd., Suite B301, Buena Park, CA 90621. Entries submitted by postal mail must be postmarked during the Promotion Period and received by Sponsor within three (3) days after the end of the Promotion Period.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING.
Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Entries are void if they contain typographical, printing or other errors. Use of any automated system, such as script, macro, or other automated means, to participate or generate entries (or otherwise assist in participation) is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries that are mutilated, altered, lost, late, inaccurate, incomplete, tampered with, unintelligible, forged, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification. The envelope containing a mail-in entry must not include entries for other persons (i.e., no bulk submissions).
Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) of the e-mail account and phone number as noted on the postal entry form. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address and is assigned a phone number by a telecommunications provider. No entries with automatically generated accounts, e-mail addresses, or false phone numbers shall be accepted.
Any false or deceptive entries or acts will render all entries by an Entrant ineligible.
The Sponsor and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone or mobile network, computer and mobile online systems, equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limitation any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile devices relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, mobile device, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website or for any other reason whatsoever; typographical, printing or other errors; any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or postage due, or any combination thereof.
All Sweepstakes entries shall become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received and each winner will receive the Prize described below, subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor. The random drawing will be conducted on or about May 31, 2017. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
4. PRIZES: Each prize will be consist of one (1) 128GB Space Gray iPad (“Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $471.54 per Prize. The ARV of the Prize is based on information available to Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for, and the winner will not receive, the difference (if any) between the actual value of the Prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules. Prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes have no monetary value and are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitution for a Prize by a winner will be allowed. Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by winners. Prizes are subject to the concert organizer’s rules and regulations. Concert dates and times are subject to change without notice. Sponsor is not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages for any injury suffered at the concert or as a result of changes or cancellations of the concert. Any questions or requests in connection with the concert must be directed to and shall be determined by the concert organizer. Any applicable taxes, fees, or costs associated with a Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Upon Sponsor’s request, the winner shall provide tax information, such as a valid social security number, before a Prize is released, regardless of whether the Prize, in whole or in part, is used. An IRS Form 1099 (Miscellaneous Income) may be issued in the name of winners, for the actual value of the prize received. Entrants waive the right to assert, as a cost of winning any Prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim a Prize and any liability or publicity that might arise from claiming or seeking to claim a Prize.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION; PRIZE CLAIM: The winner will be contacted on or about June 1, 2017. After notification of winning, the winner will be required to complete, sign, and return a Prize Winner Affidavit and Release of Liability and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release Form (and a completed IRS W-9 form) within three (3) days of issuance. Awarding of a Prize is subject to the winner’s acceptance of, and compliance with, these Official Rules. If requested by Sponsor, Entrants must show photo identification for Sponsor to verify that the eligibility requirements are met. If any Prize notification or Prize is returned for any reason, or if winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may decide, in its discretion, to award such applicable Prize to an alternate eligible Entrant or, if time does not permit (in Sponsor’s opinion), to not award such Prize.
6. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor may disqualify an Entrant (and cause any Prize that has been awarded (if any) to be forfeited) due to any of the following: (a) the Entrant fails to comply with any of the terms, conditions, restrictions, or limitations of these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (b) the Entrant fails to respond to the winner notification or any other notice within 3 days after its transmission; (c) the Entrant fails to complete, sign, and return a Prize Winner Affidavit and Release within 3 days after its receipt; (d) the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner or the return of any winner notification, notice, or Prize as undeliverable; or (e) an Entrant’s failure to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes-related or Prize-related activity, including, without limitation, if the Entrant (i) is uncooperative or disruptive; (ii) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; or (iii) may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor.
7. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor shall not be liable to a winner or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sponsor’s sole control. Prizes are awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes.
8. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The laws of the State of California apply to and govern the Sweepstakes, as well as any disputes or claims arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes. The parties agree that any and all disputes or controversies of any nature between them arising at any time shall be determined by binding arbitration, in accordance with the arbitration rules of JAMS to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single neutral arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by JAMS, with JAMS rules applied to break any deadlock in selecting an arbitrator.
9. PUBLICITY AUTHORIZATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant hereby authorizes and grants the right to Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its and their employees, officers, and directors, and those acting pursuant to their authority, (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) the right to print, publish, broadcast, depict, reproduce, and use the Entrant’s name, portrait, picture, likeness, voice, statements attributable to him/her, city and state of residence, and other biographical information and the Entrant’s Sweepstakes entry for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation. Entrants acknowledge and agree that this authorization is intended to satisfy all consent requirements of California Civil Code sections 3344 and 3344.1, and Entrants hereby waive and release any and all claims that Entrants may have or hereafter have against the Promotion Parties under such statutes or any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; RELEASE; INDEMNIFICATION: ENTRANTS WAIVE THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, AGAINST THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESULTING FROM, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE ACTIVITY. Entrants hereby agree to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Promotion Parties from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney fees and expenses), costs and liabilities of any nature whatsoever that arise or result from Entrants’ action, inaction, negligence, or other fault in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, by participating in and entering the Sweepstakes, (a) Entrants agree that the Promotion Parties shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes or parts thereof or acceptance of, use of or inability to use a Prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory and (b) winners hereby release the Promotion Parties from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the Prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death).
11. WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542: Entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.” Being aware of such statutory right, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants expressly waive any rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 as well as any other statutes or common law principles of similar effect.
12. GENERAL: Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provisions were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control, and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
13. WINNERS LIST: Please visit http://www.cgvcinemas.com for the official list of winners and a copy of these Official Rules. The winner list shall be available after June 1, 2017.
15. SPONSOR: CGV Cinemas LA, LLC, 621 S Western Ave., Suite 304, Los Angeles, CA 90010.